Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In addition to the books highlighted on this page, there are also a number of journal articles discussing Native American property related issues. Of the resources available to law students, Hein Online (available through the Schmid Law Library homepage) provides access to a rich, deep collection of law journal articles; it is an excellent place to start researching for journal articles.
Professor Shoemaker has written extensively in this area:
- An Introduction to American Indian Land Tenure: Mapping the Legal Landscape, 5 J.L. Prop. & Soc'y 1 (2020).
- Transforming Property: Reclaiming Indigenous Land Tenure, 107 Calif. L. Rev. 1531 (2019).
- Complexity's Shadow: American Indian Property, Sovereignty, and the Future, 115 Mich. L. Rev. 487 (2016-2017).
- Emulsified Property, 43 Pepp. L. Rev. 945 (2015-2016).
- No Sticks in My Bundle: Rethinking the Indian Land Tenure Problem, 63 U. Kan. L. Rev. 383 (2014-2015).
- Like Snow in the Spring Time: Allotment, Fractionation, and the Indian Land Tenure Problem, 2003 Wis. L. Rev. 729 (2003).
A small selection of available articles by other authors are provided below.